- Green Job Search
- Education Programs
- Employer Directory
- My Account
Renewable Energy Jobs
Renewable energy is defined as energy that is generated from sources that are of "infinite" or unlimited amount. While it's true that solar, wind, geo-thermal, hydro and tide sources are infinite, there's some controversy in considering that some other types of sources are infinite; it's the case for sources that need to be grown such as bio-fuels (corn and wood), and sources that require mining, such as nuclear energy.
Jobs in Renewable Energy have 5 basic work activities:
- Science/Technology research and development jobs
- Manufacturing jobs
- Construction jobs
- On-going maintenance and operation jobs
- Sales jobs
Every sub-category of renewable energy jobs described below includes these 5 types of work activities.
Green Jobs in renewable energy or clean energy include jobs in the following sub-categories:
- Solar Energy Jobs. The Solar Energy Jobs category is by far the fastest growing in the green energy generation segment, and include many sub-categories, and a multitude of job types. Examples of sub-categories include solar panel research and development jobs, solar panel manufacturing jobs, and roof-top solar panel installation jobs.
- Wind Energy Jobs. The Wind Energy Jobs category is one of the fastest growing in the green energy generation segment (probably the 2nd fastest growing), and include many sub-categories, and a multitude of job types. Examples of sub-categories include wind turbine blade research and development jobs, wind turbine manufacturing jobs(rotors and blades), and construction and installation jobs that involve large wind turbines for utility-scale projects.
- Geo-thermal Energy Jobs
- Biomass and biofuels Energy Jobs
- Tide and ocean-based Energy Jobs
- Nuclear Energy Jobs.