- Green Job Search
- Education Programs
- Employer Directory
- My Account
MS in Energy Management
The MS in Energy Management includes coursework in energy, environmental, and facilities management. It provides management skills, knowledge of technology, and understanding of environmental issues that energy professionals need for career advancement.
Organization Name:New York Institute of Technology
Degree :Master's Degree
Location:New York, NY
The energy management field is experiencing unprecedented growth, due to the restructuring of the utility industry, the automation of building management systems, and increasing demand for energy services. There is a growing need for executives with skills in energy, environmental, and facilities management. To help meet this need, NYIT offers several graduate-level programs:
- The M.S. in Energy Management is a 30-credit interdisciplinary program that includes coursework in energy, environmental, and facilities management. It provides management skills, knowledge of technology, and understanding of environmental issues that energy professionals need for career advancement.
- The Advanced Certificate in Facilities Management (18 credits) focuses on methods for streamlining building operations and developing cost-effective facilities maintenance strategies.
- The Advanced Certificate in Environmental Management (18 credits) includes courses in environmental technology, waste management, and geographical information systems.
- The Advanced Certificate in Energy Technology (18 credits) explores the latest developments in alternative energy sources, distributed generation, experimental vehicles, and facility automation systems.
- The Advanced Certificate in Infrastructure Security Management (18 credits) examines the strategies and technologies necessary to protect our critical infrastructure from damage and/or disruption.
Courses are available in convenient evening, weekend, and online formats. NYIT maintains a Job Clearinghouse for Energy Professionals, which matches students enrolled at NYIT with employers in the energy, environmental, and facilities management fields. View our curriculum in the graduate catalog.
If you have any questions, or if you would like more information about these programs, feel free to contact me by phone or by e-mail. We look forward to welcoming you to NYIT.