- Green Job Search
- Education Programs
- Employer Directory
- My Account
Premium Power manufactures the world’s lowest cost, grid scalable flow batteries based on the company’s proprietary advanced energy storage technology.
Location:North Reading, MA
Founded in 2002, Premium Power Corporation manufactures the world’s lowest cost, grid scalable flow batteries based on the company’s proprietary Zinc-Flow® advanced energy storage technology. Our products are lower in cost than lead acid batteries up front and roughly equivalent to pumped hydro, at under 2 cents/kWh, on a long-term basis. Our Company is headquartered in North Reading, Massachusetts, USA.
Our products offer a number of compelling advantages over alternative energy storage technologies. Primary benefits include:
* Lower initial cost and total cost of ownership;
* Longer operable life with an unlimited number of cycles;
* Fully integrated systems that can be trailer mounted to reduce installation and relocation time and cost;
* Greater energy density; and
* A wide degree of packaging flexibility.
Commercial applications include:
* Utility infrastructure. Reserve power for electric utility facilities that provide transmission and distribution of electricity, providing benefits associated with:
o Asset deferral;
o Peak demand management;
o Voltage support of long radial circuits;
o Energy arbitrage; and
o Ancillary services.
* Bulk energy storage for renewable energy generation assets including wind and solar, to provide:
o Time shifting; and
o A reduction in curtailment events.
* Peak-shaving (load shifting) to reduce end-users’ electricity costs by lowering peak demand and time-of-use energy charges.
* Electric power back-up of mission-critical equipment in locations such as wireless cell sites, POPs, central offices, cable communications head-ends, data centers, and utility substations.
All of Premium Power’s products are fully compliant with - and have been certified to - nationally recognized standards, are non-toxic and 100% disposable or recyclable.
Premium Power received venture capital funding from VantagePoint Capital Partners.