- Green Job Search
- Education Programs
- Employer Directory
- My Account
Power-One provides power management and conversion across a wide range of applications. Power-One was acquired by ABB in April 2013.
As one of the world’s ten largest providers of power conversion and power management solutions, Power-One is one of only a few companies with the product breadth to support every step in the refinement of utility-grade AC into the various DC voltages required to power high-availability infrastructure systems at the site, system, and semiconductor levels. In addition, we're increasing the availability of our renewable energy solar and wind inverter products featuring industry-leading features and performance, and offering friendly installation, unmatched applications flexibility, and field-proven reliability.
Power-One’s focus on high-efficiency “green” power solutions has proven to provide a wide range of customer benefits:
- Reduced energy consumption.
- Improved energy harvesting in alternative-energy applications.
- Increased power densities.
- Better performance in elevated ambient-temperature environments.
- Less dissipated heat lowers system and site-level cooling costs.
Power-One’s energy-efficient conversion and management solutions power a wide range of applications: alternative/renewable energy, routers, data storage and servers, wireless communications, medical diagnostics, optical networking, automated/semiconductor test equipment, railway controls, military, and custom solutions.
Customers include many high-technology industry leaders: Alcatel/Lucent, Cisco Systems, Ericsson, Huawei, Motorola, Nortel Networks, Nokia-Siemens-Networks, Siemens AG, Sun Microsystems, and Teradyne. Thousands of additional customers are serviced by one of the industry’s most extensive distribution networks.
The comittment to provide our customers with innovative solutions is described in Power-One’s misson statement: “To be recognized as the leader in system-level power and power management solutions from AC to the IC in the communications and high-technology markets, utilizing our technical leadership to deliver comprehensive low-cost solutions; providing increasing value to customers, employees, and investors.”
Power-One’s evolution into a tier-one supplier, competitive on a world-class level, has been facilitated by a complement of strategies and milestones:
- Position the company as an industry consolidator by completing six acquisitions in eight years.
- Support global customers, and local markets, with strategically-located manufacturing and R&D facilities.
- Consistently invest in R&D to provide industry-leading energy efficiencies, and breakthrough solutions such as Z-One® Digital IBA.
- Continually improve the key attributes required to grow our business with strategic customers and distributors.
- Pursue fast-growth markets: digital power, servers, customs, alternative energy, and intelligent controls.
Power-One employs thousands of people worldwide and is certified to ISO standards for all facilities. Customer support, R&D centers, and manufacturing operations are strategically located in the Americas, Asia, and Europe. Corporate headquarters are located in Camarillo, CA.
Power-One received venture capital funding from Silver Lake.