- Green Job Search
- Education Programs
- Employer Directory
- My Account
Certificate in Renewable Energy Management
A New Program on Renewable Energy Management: Technology, Policy and Finance.
Organization Name:NC State University
Location:Raleigh, NC and Online
Business professionals and students are keenly aware of the changing energy landscape. Many professionals want to know more about the renewable energy industry but find that available workshops on renewables are too technical or geared for the installer. The goal of the CREM program is not only to provide a sound foundation of how existing renewable energy technologies work, but also to have a firm grasp of policies and financial options so they can make informed decisions as a manager and businessperson in the renewable energy industry.
CREM graduates will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of how solar electric and solar thermal technologies work.
- Describe renewable energy policy terminology.
- Understand how federal, state and local policies, incentives and regulations can affect the health of the renewable energy industry.
- Navigate the current financial landscape and assess different financial models
- Sit for the NABCEP Technical Sales Certification Exam
Topics and Activities Include:
- Overview of the history of solar electric and solar thermal technologies
- Basics of how solar technologies work
- Future of the grid
- Tour of systems
- Overview of the renewable energy policy landscape
- Definitions and how policy design impacts financial investments
- Maximize the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) website
- Overview of financing options for residential and commercial Systems
- RECs, sRECs and Carbon Credits
- Identifying revenue streams
- Risk management and contract structuring
Additional topics for marketing, sales, and understanding the permitting process will likewise be offered.
View all NC State University Education Programs.