- Green Job Search
- Education Programs
- Employer Directory
- My Account
The Nature Conservancy
Category:Natural Resources Management
News and Stories: Green Non-profit of the Month: the Nature Conservancy. Apr 19, 2013. Several Green Companies on a Hiring Spree. September 26, 2012. The Nature Conservancy #5 in our list to the top 10 green employers of 2012. January 10, 2013.
Welcome to The Nature Conservancy — the leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. We're proud of what we've accomplished since our founding in 1951:
- We've protected more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally.
- We have more than 1 million members.
- We work in all 50 states and more than 30 countries — protecting habitats from grasslands to coral reefs, from Australia to Alaska to Zambia.
- We address threats to conservation involving climate change, fire, fresh water, forests, invasive species, and marine ecosystems.
Why We're Successful It's how we work that has made the Conservancy so successful — and makes us optimistic that we can expand that great conservation work to meet the challenges ahead:
- We use a science-based approach — aided by our more than 700 staff scientists.
- We pursue non-confrontational, pragmatic solutions to conservation challenges.
- We partner — with indigenous communities, businesses, governments, multilateral institutions, other non-profits…and people such as yourself.
Transparency and Values The Conservancy also operates openly and transparently. Read our annual report and financial statements as well as our statement of core values to find out more about the way we do business.